Click here to learn how to join the First Strike Nation!
KYT, Rob Lombardi, and Bryan Gottlieb mark ONE WHOLE YEAR of the podcast by looking at Standard decks, Modern RPTQ results, and reflect on the lessons that one year of First Strike has helped them learn.
- (00:03:14) Standard: How about that RG Pummeler deck with Samut in the GP Portland top 8?
- (00:12:18) Mono-Red: Would the Grixis Dragons list be a bad choice given the amount of mono-red in the metagame? Are there any other exciting Standards decks that can go toe-to-toe with Temur Energy and Mono-Red?
- (00:22:21) Has Robert had luck with any other Standard brews? Maybe Sultai?
- (00:29:35) Robert Anderson top 4’d a RPTQ with Grixis Death’s Shadow, so at least one member of Team First Strike is back on the Pro Tour!
- (00:35:34) A Bogles list qualified at the Modern RPTQ online. Is it still a good deck? How varied is the Modern metagame?
- (00:51:23) Would 20-card sideboards be good for Modern?
- (00:56:22) What lessons have the hosts learned in the past year of First Strike?
You hosts on Twitter:
First Strike is a Magic: The Gathering debate-style podcast hosted that discusses the week’s hottest competitive and social topics of the game.