Welcome to the inaugural episode of First Strike podcast! First Strike is a Magic: The Gathering debate-style podcast that discusses competitive and social aspects of the game.
In this episode, Captain Canada himself moderates the debate between two high-level Canadian Magic the Gathering players, Doug Potter of Edmonton and Robert Lombardi of Toronto.
- (02:54) What do you think of the new structure of the World Magic Cup tournament?
- (13:00) Modern: Which deck is the best deck in Modern right now?
- (22:24) How accurate can you be with Modern metagaming? Bonus: Is Suicide Zoo still a Tier 1 deck?
- (28:17) Standard: GB Delirium vs UW Flash… one best deck, or two top decks?
- (37:55) Where are the other decks in Standard? Does anything need to be banned?
- (42:22) The Standard Showdown: good idea or waste of time?
- (50:22) Who is the most underrated Magic player in Canada right now?
You hosts on Twitter: