Click here to learn how to join the First Strike Nation!
KYT, Andy, and Derek invite special guest Eli Kassis, winner of GP New Jersey to dissect his GP victory with Jeskai in Standard, why Green-Black had such a poor top end showing, and what impact this will have on Pro Tour Standard deck selection.
- (00:01:44) Why did Face to Face Games GM Matt Schmaltz have Eli sign 300 tokens for him?
- (00:09:07) How did Eli & his team select Jeskai for Grand Prix New Jersey? How did the sideboard tech The Immortal Sun perform? Which 1-of in his maindeck outperformed?
- (00:21:21) How has being on Team Face to Face Games been different for Eli?
- (00:29:20) Where does Derek stand on Green-Black, after not making the top 8 at GP New Jersey? How can it beat the Arclight Phoenix deck? Will this success cause issues for Eli’s preparations for the Pro Tour in November?
- (00:42:19) Why Jeskai with Azor’s Gateway over no Gateway? Does this Grand Prix metagame set the stage for Standard at the Pro Tour? Why was the Boros Angels deck a good choice for this Grand Prix, despite not winning?
- (00:55:22) Hot Take: Best player in Canada right now?
First Strike is a Magic: The Gathering debate-style podcast hosted that discusses the week’s hottest competitive and social topics of the game.