[saf feature=”youtube” youtube=”https://youtu.be/fW3fsbfDElQ” cta=”Watch on YouTube” align=”none”]
[saf itunes=”https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/first-strike-manadeprived.com/id1179017028″ googleplaymusic=”https://play.google.com/music/m/Iel4fuovx56h7a4ks5xenrwpyve?t=First_Strike__ManaDeprivedcom” rss=”http://magic.facetofacegames.com/podcasts/first-strike/feed/” saf facebook=”https://www.facebook.com/FirstStrikePodcast/” twitter=”https://twitter.com/firststrikepod” align=”none”]
Click here to learn how to join the First Strike Nation!
KYT, Andy, Derek are graced by two thirds of the SCG Vegas Team Open winners, Markus Thibeau and First Strike’s own Jonathan Zhang, as they look at making a team, the Standard metagame, and choosing Modern decks.
- (00:02:18) What did everyone do for their weekend? How did the team come together for this SCG Team Open? How did Derek do with GB at Grand Prix Milwaukee? What can be concluded by all the Jeskai Control in the Milwaukee top 20?
- (00:13:53) How did Markus prep for the SCG Team Open Standard seat, and make his deck choice of Boros Aggro? What kind of metagame did he see in the Standard seat? And what will Standard look like going forward?
- (00:23:30) What is the key to the Selesnya Aggro matchup with Boros Aggro? Is the Izzet Drakes deck still viable?
- (00:28:17) Why did Jonathan choose Dredge for the Modern seat in the open? What did the Modern metagame look like in Vegas?
- (00:42:55) Which five Modern decks going forward would Markus and Jonathan suggest for non-Modern players who want to take up the format for the MOCS?
- (00:52:40) What is the state of Treasure Chests on MTGO right now? How could the release of Ultimate Masters on MTGO impact the price of Treasure Chests?
- (01:02:12) What is a Twitch partner and what does it take to become one as a streamer?
First Strike is a Magic: The Gathering debate-style podcast hosted that discusses the week’s hottest competitive and social topics of the game.