Click here to learn how to join the First Strike Nation!
KYT, Andy, Derek, Jonathan, and Elliot explore what impact general entry fees might have on Grand Prix attendance, what deck to play in Modern for the upcoming RPTQs, the state of Standard, and a DQ at Grand Prix Warsaw.
- (00:01:02) Should Grand Prix sites have an entry fee to compensate artists and other guests? Is there any upper limit to entry fees for large tournaments? Would these fees hurt the vendors?
- (00:22:26) Where does Jonathan see Modern is at right now? Does Hardened Scales Affinity not get enough respect?
- (00:29:12) What Modern deck to bring to the upcoming RPTQ? Why isn’t Hollow One a good choice? What is the best way to test a combo deck like Krark-Clan Ironworks? What is Andy’s recommend reading or viewing to learn KCI?
- (00:35:10) Is Derek still grinding Green-Black in Standard? Are there any good decks in Standard?
- (00:44:03) What is the best way to handle prizes for 8-player Ultimate Masters drafts? Is the box topper good enough as a first prize?
- (00:47:13) Thoughts on the Seibold DQ at GP Warsaw, was it handled well?
First Strike is a Magic: The Gathering debate-style podcast hosted that discusses the week’s hottest competitive and social topics of the game.