Click here to learn how to join the First Strike Nation!
KYT is joined by Rob Lombardi, Bryan Gottleib, and Vince D’Agostino to debate Modern’s best decks, improving at Magic while balancing life’s demands, and they take a look at some spicy Hour of Devastation cards going into the Prerelease weekend.
- (00:02:14) Bryan is newest co-host of The GAM podcast!
- (00:05:45) Rob played the Modern MOCS this last weekend to a near-miss of top 8. How did Domain Death’s Shadow play for him?
- (00:11:38) Bryan played Living End in an MTGO PTQ. He didn’t do well, but is he right that Living End is the better graveyard deck than Dredge?
- (00:17:05) SCG Invitiational, where Daniel Fournier made 2nd place with Grixis Death’s Shadow. Is Grixis Death’s Shadow the Best Deck in Modern?
- (00:21:35) What is the strategy to balance a full-time job and improve at Magic?
- (00:32:50) As a follow up, is there a point where they think the resources put into the game aren’t worth it?
- (00:44:05) Hour of Devastation Standard: Now that all 199 cards are known, what decks look good as the Pro Tour in Kyoto gets closer?
- (00:48:16) HOU cards: Can Countervailing Winds see play in Constructed?
- (00:54:07) HOU: Will Hour of Devastation see play in control?
- (00:57:30) HOU: Hour of Promise, good ramp, or too-good ramp?
- (01:04:45) HOU: Majestic Myriarch, winner creature or win-more?
- (01:08:27) Is HOU a low-powered set?
You hosts on Twitter:
First Strike is a Magic: The Gathering debate-style podcast hosted that discusses the week’s hottest competitive and social topics of the game.