Click here to learn how to join the First Strike Nation!
After back to back Top 8s at the SCG Syracuse and Richmond Modern Opens, the First Strike team just had to have words with the undisputed king of Eldrazi Tron. KYT welcomes Dan Musser to the show, and along with fellow hosts Rob Lombardi and Bryan Gottlieb they talk Modern, all the decks of current Standard, and showing emotion when the pressure is on.
- (00:03:37) What is it like to be reportedly on the edge of a MtG breakthrough for so long?
- (00:06:33) Why play Eldrazi Tron in Modern right now?
- (00:12:04) Why does Eldrazi Tron get such hate still, especially from some Pros? Is the only way to win with Eldrazi Tron to dodge Affinity, and other listener questions about the deck.
- (00:18:04) Why is Dan Musser unsatisfied with the Eldrazi Tron sideboard? What’s the answer?
- (00:29:35) Does the current Standard have as many decks as Modern?
- (00:40:02) Has Rob broken Standard with his new take on Mardu?
- (00:50:55) Should Magic players refrain from showing emotion after a win?
- (01:11:08) Shout out to Karel Rodriguez, how awesome it is to see the FS Nation make it to the Pro Tour, and is Hour of Devastation the best draft format ever?
You hosts on Twitter:
First Strike is a Magic: The Gathering debate-style podcast hosted that discusses the week’s hottest competitive and social topics of the game.