[saf feature=”youtube” youtube=”https://youtu.be/TltyO91G2NU” cta=”Watch on YouTube” align=”none”]
[saf itunes=”https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/first-strike-manadeprived.com/id1179017028″ googleplaymusic=”https://play.google.com/music/m/Iel4fuovx56h7a4ks5xenrwpyve?t=First_Strike__ManaDeprivedcom” rss=”http://manadeprived.com/podcasts/first-strike/feed/” saf facebook=”https://www.facebook.com/FirstStrikePodcast/” twitter=”https://twitter.com/firststrikepod” align=”none”]
Click here to learn how to join the First Strike Nation!
KYT and Andy and are joined by two thirds of the Grand Prix Columbus Team Sealed winners, David Goldfarb and Edgar Magalhaes, to discuss Dominaria Limited, preparing for a team event, team chemistry, and Andy’s secret weapon in Standard.
- (00:02:05) How did David’s team come together for GP Columbus? How did they prepare? What kind of team draft strategy were they planning to follow?
- (00:07:42) Does top 8ing a team GP feel any different than a single GP?
- (00:11:48) What insights about how to approach Dominaria Limited?
- (00:16:45) Legendary sorceries, are they worth playing? What is the right number of Legendary cards for the deck?
- (00:33:04) Speaking of team, what about team constructed? What Standard decks look good right now, especially with the Pro Tour coming up for Edgar?
- (00:41:32) What kind of chemistry should a team look for in a team event?
- (00:44:28) Mulligan math, are people doing it right, or not mulliganing enough?
- (00:49:18) Early pillars of Standard? What has Andy been playing? And why is Teferi so scary?
First Strike is a Magic: The Gathering debate-style podcast hosted that discusses the week’s hottest competitive and social topics of the game.