Click here to learn how to join the First Strike Nation!
KYT, Derek, and Andy take First Strike to the late night slot, with topics like how to next-level Raff Capashen, Ship’s Mage in Dominaria draft, a new home for Geist of Saint Traft in Modern, and riding the Blue-Black train in Standard.
- (00:01:21) Team Unified Standard RPTQs last weekend. So what happened to Andy’s team in Montreal? How is Team Unified Standard compared to Team Constructed?
- (00:17:06) Why does Gabe Tsang want to hear Derek’s PTQ story? And when is it correct to pass a Raff Capashen?
- (00:25:05) What do Andy and Derek suggest as encouragement to help players level up?
- (00:35:33) Andy is crushing Modern leagues on Magic Online with 5-colour Humans. How does it fit into the current Modern metagame? The most recent SCG Invitational was won by Infect. Is that deck having its time again? Or is it the Geist of Saint Traft in the sideboard? Wait, is that Affinity with Karn, Scion of Urza and Ancient Stirrings???
- (00:48:16) Quick hits: Why should you be playing UB for upcoming Standard tournaments?
- (00:53:34) MtG Core 2019 previewed cards: Which cards are the guys looking forward to playing with in Standard?
First Strike is a Magic: The Gathering debate-style podcast hosted that discusses the week’s hottest competitive and social topics of the game.