[saf feature=”youtube” youtube=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMLnJ9_NqZE” cta=”Watch on YouTube” align=”none”]
[saf itunes=”https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/first-strike-manadeprived.com/id1179017028″ googleplaymusic=”https://play.google.com/music/m/Iel4fuovx56h7a4ks5xenrwpyve?t=First_Strike__ManaDeprivedcom” rss=”http://manadeprived.com/podcasts/first-strike/feed/” saf facebook=”https://www.facebook.com/FirstStrikePodcast/” twitter=”https://twitter.com/firststrikepod” align=”none”]
Click here to learn how to join the First Strike Nation!
KYT and Andy are joined by Kelly Ackermann from F2F Toronto and Edmonton’s Brian Ziemba, to get hyped about Canadian Nationals in two weeks, and even more hyped for Core Set 2019 with the free exclusive Core Set 2019 preview card from Wizards of the Coast, Alpine Moon!
- (00:01:17) Canadian Nationals: It’s all about the Flood Strands! What can players expect at the event in Toronto? Why should you play Turbo-drafts?
- (00:20:02) Introducing the exclusive Core Set 2019 preview card: Alpine Moon! How can Alpine Moon be used in Modern? In Legacy?
- (00:29:05) Is everyone as excited about Core Set 2019 as Kelly?
- (00:35:26) Is the MTGO PTQ-winning 8-Whack Goblins deck in Modern faster than 5C Humans? And wait, is that Infect again in 2nd place?
- (00:48:57) How cool was that Beta draft on coverage at GP Vegas?
- (00:54:02) Brian played an RPTQ in Mexico City last weekend, and describes a judge call his team experienced. Do judges not disqualify players enough?
First Strike is a Magic: The Gathering debate-style podcast hosted that discusses the week’s hottest competitive and social topics of the game.