Click here to learn how to join the First Strike Nation!
Elliot, Andy, and Derek are joined by Edgar Magalhaes on the show after a nearly triumphant result at Canadian Nationals last weekend to take Dominaria draft, the Standard metagame, and where the banhammer did and didn’t fall.
- (00:00:53) What happened to Andy, Edgar, and Derek at Canadian Nationals, and did Andy really prefer the draft to the constructed portion? What colour combination did Edgar pick in Dominaria draft, and which colours do Andy and Derek prefer?
- (00:09:24) So the metagame at Nationals was a lot of Red decks. Is that what everyone predicted for the tournament? Were there any surprises in the metagame? Any cool rogue decks?
- (00:15:24) Legacy bans: Did both Deathrite Shaman and Gitaxian Probe deserve the banhammer? Where will Derek start for his Pro Tour team constructed Legacy testing?
- (00:21:24) Should Ancient Stirrings have been banned in Modern? Or Mox Opal? Is there a best deck in Modern anymore?
- (00:37:53) Should there have been any bans in Standard, or errata for Teferi? How about unbans in Modern? Is there any case to unban Stoneforge Mystic in Modern?
First Strike is a Magic: The Gathering debate-style podcast hosted that discusses the week’s hottest competitive and social topics of the game.