Click here to learn how to join the First Strike Nation!
Elliot, Andy, and Derek meet to share their M19 Prerelease impressions and lessons learned, as well as to share what they have observed–and what they predict–for the impact the new Core Set will have on Constructed formats going forward.
- (00:00:52) Who played Prereleases this past weekend? First impressions of the new Limited format. Will M19 live up to Dominaria as a draft format?
- (00:11:21) How is M19 impacting Standard so far? Will there be any decks, or just riffs on existing decks? Is the Mono-Black Zombies deck for real?
- (00:22:10) How about Modern? What kind of impact will M19 have there? What conclusions can be made from the GP Sao Paulo results? Is Midrange good again in Modern? Modern becomes the PPTQ format as of July 21. Any suggestions for what decks should people be bringing to their tournaments?
- (00:32:45) Has Legacy changed since the bannings? What does Legacy look like without Deathrite Shaman? Is there room for Goblins again?
- (00:42:19) Will the SCG Open see more variety for Standard this weekend?
First Strike is a Magic: The Gathering debate-style podcast hosted that discusses the week’s hottest competitive and social topics of the game.