[saf feature=”youtube” youtube=”https://youtu.be/zJAwKS4BrLc” cta=”Watch on YouTube” align=”none”]
[saf itunes=”https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/first-strike-manadeprived.com/id1179017028″ googleplaymusic=”https://play.google.com/music/m/Iel4fuovx56h7a4ks5xenrwpyve?t=First_Strike__ManaDeprivedcom” rss=”http://magic.facetofacegames.com/podcasts/first-strike/feed/” saf facebook=”https://www.facebook.com/FirstStrikePodcast/” twitter=”https://twitter.com/firststrikepod” align=”none”]
Click here to learn how to join the First Strike Nation!
KYT and Andy get to welcome back First Strike alumni Bryan Gottlieb, as the three chat with newly-appointed Pro Player Consultant and Commentator Eduardo Sajgalik about Bryan’s new HeadGAMs podcast, Eduardo’s PT Hall of Fame ballot, and Pro Player feedback.
- (00:02:05) Where has Bryan been since his last time on the show?
- (00:12:39) What has Andy been preparing in Standard for his updating RPTQ in Toronto? Should he play a Teferi deck?
- (00:19:52) Why is Eduardo Sajgalik so good at cooking fajitas? How important is eating healthy when playing a long tournament?
- (00:28:09) How did Eduardo get started with official Magic coverage? Is choosing to do coverage for a tournament instead of playing a sacrifice for pro players?
- (00:36:28) What convinced Eduardo Sajgalik to put Chris Pikula on his Pro Tour Hall of Fame ballot? Should the Pro Tour Hall of Fame be changed to be about more than Pro Tour top 8s and pro points? Why?
- (01:00:21) How can the definition of Slow Play be changed to better differentiate the deep thinkers from the cheaters?
- (01:22:56) What are Eduardo’s roles as a Pro Player Consultant, and what kind of feedback is he looking for? From what kind of player is he looking for feedback? How was he chosen to be a Pro Player Consultant?
- (01:39:43) How does Eduardo’s DreamHack Hearthstone Grand Prix experience compare to Magic tournaments? What Standard deck does Eduardo suggest for Andy’s RPTQ?
First Strike is a Magic: The Gathering debate-style podcast hosted that discusses the week’s hottest competitive and social topics of the game.