[saf feature=”youtube” youtube=”https://youtu.be/G3NvnAPm8dQ” cta=”Watch on YouTube” align=”none”]
[saf itunes=”https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/first-strike-manadeprived.com/id1179017028″ googleplaymusic=”https://play.google.com/music/m/Iel4fuovx56h7a4ks5xenrwpyve?t=First_Strike__ManaDeprivedcom” rss=”http://magic.facetofacegames.com/podcasts/first-strike/feed/” saf facebook=”https://www.facebook.com/FirstStrikePodcast/” twitter=”https://twitter.com/firststrikepod” align=”none”]
Click here to learn how to join the First Strike Nation!
KYT, Andy, and Derek are joined by the official new Team Face to Face Games captain, Shaheen Soorani. Together they share their early impressions of Guilds of Ravnica Limited, which cards they are excitied to play in Standard, and look forward to Grand Prix Montreal this weekend.
- (00:01:58) What does Shaheen think of Gerry Thompson’s World Championship protest?
- (00:06:38) After Top 4 in Legacy SCG Open Baltimore with Grixis Control, how was Shaheen’s testing for the event? Who did he test with from Team Face to Face? Will the new Face to Face Games be working together more to test for events?
- (00:14:28) What was Derek’s early impression of Guilds limited? Which guild mechanics are proving best for draft? Why does Andy think that this is a 2-drop Limited format?
- (00:20:41) Andy’s Top 5 list of previously unplayable cards that now look good for Standard:
History of Benalia (+ Knight of Grace), Vraska, Relic Seeker, Jadelight Ranger, Elvish Rejuvenator, Resplendent Angel.
Why is Shaheen high on Notion Rain? Derek sees more play for Demanding Dragon, but is just as excited about Risk Factor and Lava Coil.
- (00:44:26) Why does Andy love new Standard the best? Why does Derek not enjoy the new Standard format? Which decks is Andy looking at right now? What kind of practice have they been doing going into Grand Prix Montreal this weekend?
First Strike is a Magic: The Gathering debate-style podcast hosted that discusses the week’s hottest competitive and social topics of the game.