Click here to learn how to join the First Strike Nation!
KYT and Derek are joined by Edgar Magalhaes, Bryan Gottlieb, and Jonathan Zhang to look at a recent Canadian cheating scandal, why Amulet Titan is currently well-positioned in Modern, and can anything beat Black-Green in Standard?
- (00:03:26) What happened in the Dan Lanthier Stomping Ground incident? What was Wizard’s Tower’s response? What should the penalty by the DCI be for cheating?
- (00:21:31) Why did Edgar turn back to his baby, “AmuLIT Titan”, to win the Face to Face Games Modern+ Open in Toronto last weekend? What is the impact of Guilds of Ravnica on Modern so far? Why has Bryan now fallen in love with Amulet Titan, too? What spicy change did Edgar make for this weekend?
- (00:39:22) Why will Bryan not miss the PPTQ system? Why is Edgar dubious? And why will west coast Grishoalbrand legend Jonathan Zhang miss the PPTQs?
- (00:48:49) Jonathan’s take on Modern after Guilds of Ravnica, and which deck does he want to move to?
- (00:52:20) What deck is best in Standard according to Derek? Does GB have the tools to beat Red?
- (01:00:27) What is Edgar’s Pro Tour prep for Standard looking like? Are there underplayed cards in Standard that will yet break out?
First Strike is a Magic: The Gathering debate-style podcast hosted that discusses the week’s hottest competitive and social topics of the game.