It’s Episode 222, and the guys are joined by Esper Master Shaheen Soorani, as he prepares for the SCG Invitational this weekend and introduces the Eh Team to his newest build of Esper Control for this new Standard. Stories of Modern from SCG Baltimore, including the hilarious and humbling Sorin Emblem bad beat. KYT won his Dragons of Tarkir Prerelease with some impressive white megamorphs in the new Limited. Scott picked Atarka clan all day long and didn’t regret it, making the finals of almost all his events. Shaheen won his with Silumgar clan, and everyone agrees that the synergistic value in UB in this set is as powerful as it is fun. Jay did his first Stipulation Draft with his Cube! More Shaheen Scumbag stories. The contentious Commander rules changes. Scotty’s going to be streaming a Dragons of Tarkir official preview draft next Thursday (April 2, see below for link).
**WARNING – this podcast may contain rude, crude, and lewd content. Listener discretion is advised.**
1. Gambler – You must draft your first four picks from the first pack at random.
2. The Rack – If your pack contains a card that mentions discard, you must draft it.
3. Necro – If your pack contains a card that mentions “graveyard,” you must draft it.
4. Timmy – You must draft a creature with the highest power or highest toughness in the pack.
5. Spike – You must draft a card with the lowest converted mana cost.
6. Still Had All These – You must draft the card with the highest converted mana cost.
7. Chroma – You must draft a card that shares the colour of your first pick from the pack if available.
8. Pauper – You must draft from the cards with the lowest rarity remaining in the pack.
9. Prince – You must draft from the cards with the highest rarity remaining in the pack.
10. Rainbow – You must play a deck with at least one card from all five colours.
11. Mana Flood – Your deck must contain at least 19 lands.
12. Mana Screw – Your deck may contain no more than 16 lands.
13. Zendicant – Creatures you control can’t block unless an effect would force them to.
14. Brainstorming – If your pack contains a card that mentions drawing cards, you must draft it.
15. Memory – Make your picks face down. You cannot look at your drafted cards until end of draft.
16. Fancy book readin’ – Your deck can only have a maximum of 50 unique words in it (basic lands do not count more than once towards this total)
17. Enlightened Drafter – If your pack contains an an artifact or enchantment, you must draft one.
18. Beastmaster – Your deck may only contain creatures and lands.
19. Control Freak – Your deck may only contain 12 creatures or less.
20. Even keel – Your deck can only contain lands and cards with an even converted mana cost
21. Oddly Specific – Your deck can only contain lands and cards with an odd converted mana cost
22. Horrible Marksman – your deck cannot contain any cards with the “target” on it, equipment, or auras.
23. Mono-Brown – If your pack contains a colorless card(non-basic land/artifact), you must draft it.
24. Mill?! Filthy Casual – Your deck must contain at least 50 cards.
25. Bear Force One – You must draft a card that fulfills THE MOST of the following criteria (in order): 2 CMC, 2 power, 2 toughness, green, creature.
26. Tiny Leaders – All the cards in your deck must have a CMC of less than or equal to 3.
27. The Oracle – You must make all of your picks face up.
28. Evens – You may only draft cards with even converted mana costs, if possible.
29. Un-Uncommon – You may not draft uncommons (unless only uncommons remain in the pack).
30. King Midas – If your pack contains a gold card, you must draft it.
31. Odds – you may only draft cards with an odd converted mana cost if possible.
32. This is constructed right? – Your deck must contain at least 60 cards.
33. Drafting Pod – For your first pick in each pack, you must draft a card with the lowest CMC, then for each pick after than, you must draft a card with +1 CMC higher than the last pick.
34. Now I know my ABCs – Starting after you first pick, you must pick a card starting with the next letter in the alphabet if possible, if not, continue in alphabetical order until you can.
35. Follow the Leader – Each pick must share a colour, CMC, power or toughness with the previous pick if possible.
36. Signals? What signals? – Must draft a card that shares a colour with the most common colour in the pack.
37. What’s Your Favourite? – After you’ve opened your pack, choose a colour. For the rest of the pack you must draft a card of that colour if possible. You may change the colour each time you open a new pack.
38. Plainswalker – Must take a land if possible.
39. Smash and Grab – You must draft a card with “destroy” or “damage” in its text. You may not draft a card with protection or prevent in its text.
40. The Seeker – You must draft a card with “library”, search”, or “reveal” in its text if able.
41. Fun Police – You must draft a card that destroys one or more lands, counters a spell, or causes a player to discard a card if able.
42. Trigger Happy – You must draft a card with a triggered ability if able.
43. A – L – Your deck can only contain non-basic land cards that start with letters of the alphabet between A and L.
44. M – Z – Your deck can only contain non-basic land cards that start with letters of the alphabet between Men and Z.
45. I Don’t Like Math – The total CMC of you deck must be 61 or less.
46. Control Mastery – Your deck cannot contain any creature cards.
46. Izzet a Deck? – You must draft an instant or sorcery, or a card with “instant” or “sorcery” in its rules text if able.
47. King of the Fatties – You must draft a creature with power 4 or greater if able.
48. You don’t play green for fixing! – Your deck must contain at least 1 card from each colour except green, of which your deck can contain no cards of.
49. What’s fixing? – Your deck cannot contain any non-land cards that produce coloured mana or that search for lands in your library.
50. Last Pick?! – Of the cards that you get last in each pack, at least 2 of them must be in your deck.
51. I prefer the extra card – If able, you must choose to go second to start the game.
- Click here to get your Eh Team toque from Face to Face Games.com
You can help support KYT and ManaDeprived.com, and Mr. ScottyMac’s Mastering Magic with their Patreons:
You can find us on Twitter at:
“Eh Team Intro” – @mtgcolorpie
“Throwing Fire” – Ronald Jenkees