Top 8 Magic presents: Curmudgeons with Cards Getting Coffee. aka Glorious Night of Soil’s Betrayal
BDM was supposed to spend the day working on multiple deadlines but a man has to eat, right? Fellow curmudgeon Jon Becker was in the area and they went to a diner for eggs, burnt potatoes, bottomless coffee and absolutely no cheesecake.At some point they realize they are in a pilot episode for Curmudgeons with Cards Getting Coffee. Topics ranged across many lanes:
- Why Becker loves Orzhov so much
- Why you should block with your Sauroform Hybrid (which is…)
- Why Brian wishes he could splash black in Simic
- Ruminations on diners
- Reminiscences about comic book stores
- Shortcut names for new cards
- Money draft culture aka “Late night” drafting
- Becker’s love for Ill-Gotten Inheritance
- What to call Ethereal Absolution and getting to Glorious Night of Soil’s Betrayal in real time.
- John Wick, Hotel Artemis, and Atomic Blonde
- Other things
If you like Curmudgeons with Cards Getting Coffee you should let BDM know on Twitter at @Top8Games and if you think you would be a suitable guest for a future installment be sure to send him your CV* for consideration.