[saf feature=”youtube” youtube=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTvpRodLfwY” cta=”Watch on YouTube” align=”none”]
[saf itunes=”https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/first-strike-manadeprived.com/id1179017028″ googleplaymusic=”https://play.google.com/music/m/Iel4fuovx56h7a4ks5xenrwpyve?t=First_Strike__ManaDeprivedcom” rss=”http://manadeprived.com/podcasts/first-strike/feed/” saf facebook=”https://www.facebook.com/FirstStrikePodcast/” twitter=”https://twitter.com/firststrikepod” align=”none”]
Click here to learn how to join the First Strike Nation!
- (00:03:31) Andy’s team won the F2F Toronto Team Trios Constructed. What decks did they play in Modern and Standard?
- (00:15:01) Why does Derek feel [card]Ravenous Chupacabra[/card] is insane? And is this one of the best Standard formats in years? Is Dominaria also one of the best limited sets in years?
- (00:26:10) Why did Gab Tsang and Dave Rood step away from Magic, and what brought them back?
- (00:35:07) How does Gab prepare for a tournament now, compared to how he used to back in the day? How does the southern Ontario Magic now compared to when Gab and Dave won the Pro Tour?
- (00:47:30) How do Dave and Gab feel about Dominaria limited? How many Legends is the right number? And is [card]Navigator’s Compass[/card] worth playing? And does Travis Sowers disagree? Which cards are their Limited all-stars this format?
- (01:05:56) How deep is white in Dominaria limited? Why does Travis love streaming MTGArena? What is Derek’s secret to successful streaming?
- (01:17:36) Why does Travis almost never mulligan in limited? What is the golden rule for mulligans in limited? But why does Derek mulligan aggressively in limited? Most importantly, who is right?
First Strike is a Magic: The Gathering debate-style podcast hosted that discusses the week’s hottest competitive and social topics of the game.