[saf feature=”youtube” youtube=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5kB5HzTLE0″ cta=”Watch on YouTube” align=”none”]
[saf itunes=”https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/first-strike-manadeprived.com/id1179017028″ googleplaymusic=”https://play.google.com/music/m/Iel4fuovx56h7a4ks5xenrwpyve?t=First_Strike__ManaDeprivedcom” rss=”http://manadeprived.com/podcasts/first-strike/feed/” saf facebook=”https://www.facebook.com/FirstStrikePodcast/” twitter=”https://twitter.com/firststrikepod” align=”none”]
Click here to learn how to join the First Strike Nation!
KYT, Derek, and Andy are joined by Jennifer Crotts, Tyler Blum, and Robert Smith after their top 4 appearance in the Team Trios Constructed Grand Prix Toronto last weekend.
- (00:03:04) How did the team get put together for Grand Prix Toronto? How did they assign each Constructed format to the player, and picking decks?
- (00:09:41) What were everyone’s individual records? Did they ever feel that they were facing players unfamiliar with the format? What did they predict for the Standard metagame?
- (00:23:51) Why was [card]Bomat Courier[/card] in Jen’s sideboard? How is the Team Constructed metagame different from normal constructed?
- (00:29:08) How does it feel now being qualified for the Pro Tour? Does Team Trios Constructed feel any different than Team Limited?
- (00:38:16) Does winning a Grand Prix feel less prestigious now that there are more GP events, and less coverage?
- (00:47:57) So… what happened to Derek and Andy’s Grand Prix? Why did Derek feel that GB Snake in Standard failed, and what deck did Andy wish he had played for Standard?
First Strike is a Magic: The Gathering debate-style podcast hosted that discusses the week’s hottest competitive and social topics of the game.