[saf feature=”youtube” youtube=”https://youtu.be/RMhyX7oPpfg” cta=”Watch on YouTube” align=”none”]
[saf itunes=”https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/first-strike-manadeprived.com/id1179017028″ googleplaymusic=”https://play.google.com/music/m/Iel4fuovx56h7a4ks5xenrwpyve?t=First_Strike__ManaDeprivedcom” rss=”https://magic.facetofacegames.com/podcasts/first-strike/feed/” saf facebook=”https://www.facebook.com/FirstStrikePodcast/” twitter=”https://twitter.com/firststrikepod” align=”none”]
Click here to learn how to join the First Strike Nation!
KYT, Andy, Derek, and Jonathan Zhang look at the Pro Tour top 8 and top PT constructed decks, Dredge in Modern, and the new Format-focussed event path to the Magic Online Championship. And Fish.
- (00:04:00) Any surprises in the Pro Tour Guilds of Ravnica Top 8? Should all those Boros decks change your metagame preparations? How well is the Jeskai deck positioned now? What is mono-red doing with [card]Experimental Frenzy[/card]?
- (00:17:36) Is Derek still playing Green-Black in Standard? What changes did the Pro Tour GB lists make? Can Mono-Red make a return to prey on the White Weenie decks?
- (00:24:51) Why is Jonathan Zhang predicting a return to Dredge in Modern? Can it power through despite the hate?
- (00:35:10) Magic Online News: “Format Focus Events”… will being able to stick to a single format to qualify for the Magic Online Championship be good for players?
- (00:45:25) Why is KYT impressed by Merfolk in Modern?
First Strike is a Magic: The Gathering debate-style podcast hosted that discusses the week’s hottest competitive and social topics of the game.