[saf feature=”youtube” youtube=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GnfK5gxoFA” cta=”Watch on YouTube” align=”none”][saf facebook=”https://www.facebook.com/FirstStrikePodcast/” rss=”http://manadeprived.com/podcasts/first-strike/feed/” align=”none”]
First Strike is a Magic: The Gathering debate-style podcast that discusses competitive and social aspects of the game. In this episode, KYT is joined by Grand Prix Vancouver Top 8 finisher Jon Stern to fiercely debate Magic the Gathering topics with Robert Lombardi and Bryan Gottlieb.
- (00:03:13) Why did Jon Stern choose to play Affinity at GP Vancouver?
- (00:05:00) Which cards does Jon switch up in his Affinity maindeck and why?
- (00:06:58) Should [card]Mox Opal[/card] be banned in Modern?
- (00:10:06) Is the Modern Ban List managed well, and is Modern really an enjoyable format?
- (00:15:56) Is Mardu Ballista the best deck in Standard?
- (00:23:45) What metagame adjustments are they expecting going into GP New Jersey?
- (00:30:34) Is Magic Online data solving the metagames too quickly? Should it stop?
- (00:41:28) Will bigger prize pools really be better for the game?
- (00:52:24) The MM 2017 official preview for ManaDeprived.com: Molten Rain!
- (00:56:08) Should the Zendikar fetchland reprints have been saved for a Standard set?
You hosts on Twitter: