[saf feature=”youtube” youtube=”https://youtu.be/s2P_exZUPBY” cta=”Watch on YouTube” align=”none”]
[saf itunes=”https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/first-strike-manadeprived.com/id1179017028″ googleplaymusic=”https://play.google.com/music/m/Iel4fuovx56h7a4ks5xenrwpyve?t=First_Strike__ManaDeprivedcom” rss=”http://manadeprived.com/podcasts/first-strike/feed/” saf facebook=”https://www.facebook.com/FirstStrikePodcast/” twitter=”https://twitter.com/firststrikepod” align=”none”]
Click here to learn how to join the First Strike Nation!
Andy and Derek welcome Keith Capstick, who has returned to Canada after a top 16 finish in Legacy at GP Seattle last weekend, as they talk cool Legacy plays, choosing a deck for the Modern metagame, and take a close look at ManaDeprived’s two official Dominaria preview cards: War-Cry Phoenix and Blackblade Reforged!
- (00:01:16) Why did Keith choose 4-colour Control over say, Delver, for Legacy in Seattle last weekend? When is [card]Force of Will[/card] a liability in Legacy? What are some of the coolest Legacy plays Keith saw in his matches over the weekend? What are the match-ups his deck wants to see?
- (00:14:17) What were some of the card choices Keith made differently from Edgar Magalhaes’ Control deck?
- (00:22:24) How are Andy and Keith preparing for Modern at GP Hartford this weekend? How does Jund prepare for both the [card]Hollow One[/card] and the Humans match-ups? But what about [card]Bring to Light[/card] [card]Scapeshift[/card]? How many Bloodbraid Elves is right for Jund?
- (00:40:36) Why did Mono-Red go 18-0 in Standard at GP Seattle? And will the Blue-Red [card]God-Pharaoh’s Gift[/card] deck be as good going forward?
- (00:49:36) Does the ever-changing metagame make this Standard format good? What would the guys play this weekend? And how exciting was that undefeated run? Can any of the hosts claim going undefeated at a tournament?
- (00:56:59) Official Dominaria preview card: [card]War-Cry Phoenix[/card]!
- (01:01:43) Official Dominaria preview card: [card]Blackblade Reforged[/card]!
First Strike is a Magic: The Gathering debate-style podcast hosted that discusses the week’s hottest competitive and social topics of the game.